Free (Virtual) Cost (Manufacturing) Accounting & CMA night, Tues April 20, 2021- 2 hr CPE
When: Tues April 20, 2021 from 6:00 to 8:00 PM (MT)
Associated with AZ Valley of the Sun Chapter
(Register below to get the Zoom Link to the meeting-mailed out 1 day and 2 hours before)
6:00 to 6:30- Networking
6:30-7:20pm Stephen C Mason: Cost Accounting
7:20-8:00pm Randy Nussbaum, Sacks Tierney , Attorneys, What Everyone Should Know about Bankruptcy but is Afraid to Ask
2 hour CPE- Field of Study : Accounting (technical): General Accounting
Stephen C Mason: Cost Accounting
Steve Masons Version of “Job Costing for Dummies”
This session will give you a look from the 50,000 feet level as an overview of what Job Costing really is.
We will quickly examine its origin and how it has evolved. This session will be less instructional and more conversational. We are not going to get down into the weeds – unless someone has a driving hunger for it (and then we will keep it brief). Going to keep it light and fast moving.
Conceptual Overview-purpose and goals
Comparisons and differences to other accounting sub-ledgers (modules)
Real world examples of job costing/project costing;
Stephen C Mason Bio:
- Joined Powers Reinforcing Fabricators, LLC as Controller in late July 2019 to handle all accounting and initiate process alignments (production-finance governance) and to support Bill Powers visions and innovative thinking.
- Previously served as Chief Financial Officer for former Phoenix Mayor Paul Johnson’s real estate development and construction group
- Career included stints at Defense Contract Audit Agency, Price Waterhouse, Gannett, Johnson Controls, WM Grace Companies
- Plus Numerous outside consulting projects (during full-time jobs); City of Phoenix Fire Dept, ADOT, Microage, AZ Economic Development Initiative-1990-Technology Transfer Committee-ASU, St. Marys Foodbank, Avnet, Dell Furniture (Santa Fe) and others
Randy Nussbaum, Sacks Tierney , Attorneys:
What Everyone Should Know about Bankruptcy but is Afraid to Ask
- How to protect your business when customers file bankruptcy
- When to consider workouts, forbearance agreements or other pre-bankruptcy solutions for your business
- How can bankruptcy reorganization help your business: advantages and limitations
Photography: By registering for this event, you agree and acknowledge that IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants) along with its partners, subcontractors, or affiliates plan to take photographs at the AZ Valley of the Sun Chapter event or reproduction in educational, news, or promotional material, whether in print, electronic, or other media including IMA and IMA’s affiliate partner websites. By participating in the AZ Valley of the Sun Chapter event you grant IMA and any of its designated subcontractors, partners, or affiliates the right to your name and image (both photographs) for such purposes.
Liability Waiver: By registering for this event, you agree and acknowledge that you are undertaking participation in IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants) events and activities as your own free and intentional act, and you are fully aware that possible physical injury might occur to you as a result of your participation in these events. You give this acknowledgement freely and knowingly and that you are able to participate in IMA events, and you do hereby assume responsibility for your own well-being.
Online Instructions: (Register below to get the Link to the meeting-mailed out 1 day and 2 hours before)