(IMA is a sponsor of this event)
4-hour Ethics CPE Workshop: e-Factor!® - Professional Ethics
Friday, May 3, 2019 – 7:30 am for registration and breakfast
Program is from 8 am – 12 noon ( $119 includes breakfast)
HOSTED AT Marc Community Resources, Inc. 924 N. Country Club Dr., Mesa, AZ 85201
Experience the Power of your Peers, learn while you earn, discuss practical, real-life situations you might not thing are ethics issues and truly enjoy getting your 4 hours of Ethics Credit! Yes, it IS possible to have fun while you learn about current ethical standards and updates of ARS, AAC and AICPA Code of Professional Conduct.
Thanks to Marc Community Resources, Inc. for sponsoring this event at their offices in Tempe! Marc Community Resources, Inc. is a private nonprofit corporation providing educational, therapeutic, rehabilitation and social services to children and adults with developmental and, physical disabilities and behavioral health challenges.
Need Ethics Continuing Professional Education? Want to get it finished early? Or have you waited until the very last minute to finish your ethics CPE? Want to have fun doing it and learn something new as well? Then this workshop is just for you. There are significant updates to both Arizona and AICPA codes this year. Learn what they are in a fun, creative setting.
- This workshop qualifies for 4 Hours of ethics CPE credit for Arizona licensed CPAs, CMAs and accounting professionals.
- We will cover 1 hour of Arizona Revised Statute and Administrative Code, 1 hour of AICPA Code of Professional Conduct, and a total of 4 hours of content.
- An agenda and certificate of completion will be provided at the event.
- Breakfast is included in the registration fee, and there will be opportunities to network with your peers.
If you have your CPA from another state there might be reciprocity! Check with us to see if your state will accept our credits!
- Bring your CPA Registration or License number as we request this information when you sign in.
e-Factor!® is an educational board game that brings to life real business and ethics scenarios we could face every day. We use this game in our ethics CPE workshops to provide a more engaging, fun way to explore accounting ethics issues, rule changes, and best practices. In our team-based, interactive approach you actually practice solving ethical dilemmas, talk with your peers and receive practical lessons you can take out of the workshop to apply in your work environment.
This program qualifies for 4 hours of Ethics CPE. You will receive a certificate of completion at the end of
the program. (There are even prizes awarded for most ethical team…!)
The agenda for this 4-hour workshop includes
1. Brief overview of ethics updates (90 minutes)
a. AZ ARS and AAC updates (45 minutes)
b. AICPA CPC Updates and Exposure Drafts (45 minutes)
2. Rules of the game (5 Minutes)
3. Interactive Scenarios covering Regulatory and Professional Ethics –
a. Arizona Statutes and Administrative Rules (50 minutes)
b. AICPA Code of Professional Conduct (50 minutes)
c. Business and Professional Ethical Scenarios (25 minutes)
4. Review of experiences, lessons learned and evaluation (20 minutes)
This presentation uses the following methods for completing the agenda:
1. Interactive discussion and definition of appropriate business behavior.
2. Role-Play, Simulation and Game techniques to help define business ethics and highlight key concepts of
appropriate business practices.
3. Action Plan development for applying workshop lessons immediately in the workplace.CLICK HERE TO REGISTER: 4-HOUR ETHICS CPE
About the Facilitator Marcy J Maslov
Best known for inventing e-Factor!® , the educational board game of business ethics, Marcy J Maslov has become a powerful voice for her innovative approach to building strong ethical leaders and professionals. Marcy started her career in Fortune 500 accounting and finance, working for Pepsi, 20th Century Fox and Motorola in roles of increasingly higher responsibility. She left the corporate world for more entrepreneurial endeavors,
creating Empowerment Unlimited Coaching, LLC, an executive coaching and consulting firm that brings Fortune 500 skills, financial literacy and real-world ethics continuing education to the small business community. She has become a champion for gamification to improve the quality of professional development. Marcy holds an MBA, BS in Accountancy and is an Illinois registered CPA. She also is a Certified Professional Co-Active Coach and has served on several non-profit boards including Accounting and Financial Women’s Alliance and Inventors Association of Arizona. Marcy also speaks to national and international audiences on the positive value of ethics.