Feb 18, 2020 IMA Global Update also Past Presidents nightNetworking: 5:30 - 6:00 pmDinner: 6:00 - 6:20 pm Speaker 1: 6:20 - 7:10 pm
: Ginger White,IMA Chair Emeritus - will speak on Servant Leadership and IMA updateSpeaker 2: 7:10 - 8:00 pm:
Amy Vetter -“Becoming a Cherished Advisor ® : The Skills Needed to Create Greater Human Connection”
Servant leaders are a revolutionary bunch—they take the traditional power leadership model and turn it completely upside down. This new hierarchy puts the people—or employees, in a business context—at the very top and the leader at the bottom, charged with serving the employees above them. And that's just the way servant leaders like it. Come to hear Ginger White, CMA CSCA and IMA’s Global Board Chair Emeritus for 2019-2020 speak to us on Servant Leadership.
- Understanding Various Leadership Styles
- Define servant leadership and Characteristics of a servant leader.
- Advantages and disadvantages of a servant leadership culture.
- Understand the Barriers to a servant leadership culture, examples and applications servant leadership principles.
2nd Speaker: Learning Objectives:
- Explore how to re-tool to create a differentiated experience with other departments
and develop the soft skills needed to build collaborative relationships;
- Learn how to create value by going beyond the numbers by telling the story behind
them to help department leaders make informed business decisions;
- Become an integral part of a department’s real-time decision-making processes, in a
proactive, rather than reactive way; and,
- Gain an understanding of the mindset shift and skills needed to become better
connected to your internal team, and be considered a “Cherished Advisor” by the
departments and people you work with at your company.
Menu: Beef Brisket with Garlic Mashed Potatoes, and Chef’s Choice of Vegetables
Photography: By registering for this event, you agree and acknowledge that IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants) along with its partners, subcontractors, or affiliates plan to take photographs at the AZ Valley of the Sun Chapter Sales Tax Update NetTech or reproduction in educational, news, or promotional material, whether in print, electronic, or other media including IMA and IMA’s affiliate partner websites. By participating in the AZ Valley of the Sun Chapter Sales Tax Update NetTech you grant IMA and any of its designated subcontractors, partners, or affiliates the right to your name and image (both photographs) for such purposes.
Liability Waiver: By registering for this event, you agree and acknowledge that you are undertaking participation in IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants) events and activities as your own free and intentional act, and you are fully aware that possible physical injury might occur to you as a result of your participation in these events. You give this acknowledgement freely and knowingly and that you are able to participate in IMA events, and you do hereby assume responsibility for your own well-being.